Keeping Mum

By Tracy-Lee Nicol


Ah, it’s a sad case.
Can you believe we knew her?
She murdered her kids.
Every one of them.
Her own kids!
They say it was cold-blood, but who knows.
She can’t speak about it.
They say it’s ‘cause she was, you know…raped.
Assaulted. For, like, ages!
Right up until the day she flipped.
Can you imagine?
The worst part is…
…Can’t bring myself to say it, it’s so…
But they’re saying…it was her children.
Her own kids!
I told you I was suspicious.
She showed signs, you know
Big scars, bruises, torn skin,
Acted weird.
Sometimes crazy.
They took her in.
The hospital showed she had history of
Breaks
Choking
Poisoning
Burns
Infections…
But no one said anything.
Her own kids!
I feel kinda bad, you know?
but…
It’s this Legal thing.
The Judge put her kids in charge
Said they could look after her better
So nobody questioned.
Eventually I guess she just flipped.
Wiped out the lot of them.
Lord knows I don’t blame her.
I’d do the same.
Her own kids!
Poor Gaia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment